Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Christmas in July

Time to get ready for our Super Saturday, Christmas in July.  It will be on July 14th from 9am to noon.  


We'll be doing some fun projects, and most of them are cheap and quick.  Please sign up on the sheet outside the Relief Society room, or you can email me and let me know what you'd like to make.


 This is a clothespin nativity ornament.  The cost is 60¢ each.

These are stick puppets.  
There are 10 in the set, including Mary, Joseph & Baby Jesus, 
and shepherds and wise men and an angel.  The set is 75¢.



This is a small terra cotta pot reindeer ornament.  There are 2 sizes.  The small is about 1 ½" high, and costs 75¢.  
The mini is slightly shorter, but narrower so it looks smaller, and it costs 65¢.



This ornament looks like the image is floating on the inside.  These will cost $1.00 each.



These wire trees are an adaptation from something that I saw on Pinterest.  Acell helped me and figured out how to make it work with the wire I could get at Michael's.  I've ordered more wire from Amazon, and we'll see how that works.  These can be in different sizes, and you might do a set of 3.  They will be $4.00 each.


There will be other things going on as well.  There will be some free projects, such as jewelry making, and some cute napkin holders out of wire.  We'll have a table of Christmas ideas, with neighbor/visiting teacher gifts and decorations and a gingerbread manger scene and lots of stuff.  We'll have some quilts on to tie.  And I hope you're collecting your lovely but unneeded things for the Stuff Swap, where we'll bring some stuff we don't want and take home other people's stuff we do want.

There will be a nursery.   And food.  Yummy food.



2 comments:

  1. I want to make everything and eat the yummy food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne, I want one of the clothes pin ornaments, and three of the floating manger scene ornaments. I also want two sets of the stick puppets to take home for my girls to make. That should come to about $5.10.
    Thanks for all you do!
    Vietta

    ReplyDelete